Friday, February 10, 2012

Step One check

So I have passed step one for making urban farming legal where I live. The township board approved the first draft of the ordinance to the planning and zoning commity. At the meeting I learned some interesting information out. It looks like of all the people on planning and zoning only one is 100%  against the idea. But this person likes to make big waves.

I also had a surprising amount and kinds of people come forward to say they already practise urban farming in my community. I even had one of the higher ranking police officers tell me not to go though the headache of getting an ordinance and just do it as long as the animals kept confined and not free range. I was shocked by all this but I'm still going though with the ordinance, just to insure our rights are protected despite who is on the board or in the local police department.

So I now have all weekend to double check my facts and get a presentation for this Monday's meeting OF JOY

(oh and to throw something else into the mix my wife gave birth to our 3 child this weekend so I have a new born to care for too) 

No comments:

Post a Comment