Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finally a post about planned Urban Farming activities!!!!

So with this month devoted to research and bibliograghing, I find myself using what I learned in college. That's right PROCRASTINATION!!!! So instead of working I'm doing something funner!

My plan is to develop my long-term investments. I have always looked at a farm as an investment agent. Weird, I know, last thing I bet you thought you would hear someone compare there farm to. But let me break it down for you. As a farmer I'm using my land to provide me with food. Now investment accounts provides you with money to buy food. So they are related.

Now investment accounts have short term savings, mid-term savings and long-term savings. A farm needs to have short term food, mid-term food and long-term food. Good examples of each would be chickens and garden plots are short term food in less than a year of starting you have food. My mid-term food is berry bushes and meat-cows both of these take from 2-3 years from start to producing food. While Trees are long-term food taking 5 to sometimes 25 years to start producing food.

Now seeing that I don't plan on dying or moving anytime soon and even if the unthinkable happens to me my wife and children will still be around, I'm starting this year with long term investments. That's right it will be a summer of trees and bushes. Walnut, apple, raspberry, blue berry, and more.

Sadly because I explained this to my kid's grandparents is looks like i will be planting two properties with long term investment this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment