Thursday, February 16, 2012

First round was a tie

Just to keep everyone updated I presented to the Planning and Zoning on Monday and it was interesting. The head of the board is 100% against Urban Farming and I was informed the next day he was in the Township Supervisors office trying to find some way to block this from even coming to Planning and Zoning and effectively killing it before it began. Luckly the advice I got from my supporter on the Township Board was very valuable. The board made an offical action to send the Ordinance to Planning and Zoning so they have no choice but to go through the whole process with me. But I know it will be an up hill battle. The next meeting is the second Monday in March. I have been charged with editing the ordinance with what I felt were reasonable request for changes and to gather a packet of research on the topic of Urban Farming. I'm also going to do a patition drive of residents and letter drive from local businesses to show interest and support. I'm also getting all my research (and more of it) in a packet along with making an annotative bibliography to explain where and why each section of the ordinance came from. It's a lot of work but I feel I have enough time to get it all done.

My big hope is someday soon I will be able to fill this blog with more fun stuff on farming instead of just political stuff. The last thing I want to become is the Yooper C-SPAN blog!

1 comment: