Thursday, March 29, 2012

Time to deport the chickens

So I'm planning a trip down state to see family and friends. It's hard to have someone chicken sit while the chickens are still in my house. Add to the fact that the chickens are out growing there current home. I need to move the chickens out. But the huge issue is that we have a cold front that has taken hold and wont let go of the area. Not cold enough to hurt the chicken but cold enough to keep my in-laws off the island (the end home for the chickens). So i'm stuck I need to retro fit my old coop to hold the additional chickens and insulate it (it's not suppose to get cold enough to hurt the chickens but I don't want to risk it, no one can predict Mi weather).

I also have to wash out all the outdoor feeders and waters to the chickens will have plenty of food and water. The in-laws are more than willing to stop by and care for the chickens. But, when last year my sister-in-law kept check the turkeys for eggs because she beleived that they were chickens (lets not even bring the ducks into this) I think I have reason for pause.

Oh well work, work, work I have to love it or else I wouldn't be a farmer right!

No comments:

Post a Comment