Wednesday, March 28, 2012

So ADD strikes again!

So all of Michigan got struck with a HUGE warm spell with temps 45 degrees about average and 30 degrees about the record (God bless Global Warming). Even though I knew our cold weather would spring back I couldn't resist (it didn't help that TSC had all trees and plants on sale) I bought and planted 3 blueberry bushes and an apple tree. I do have 2 raspberry bushes and some rhubarb that I bought but didn't plant (the only reason they didn't go in was because my kids hit there limit with gardening and than I had to work). The apple tree should do just fine it didn't have any buds yet, but the blue berry bushes did have leaves and they lost all of them. It should be fine I really supped up the ground I planted the berries in so they might just make it (more on that too later)

I did however get an ego boost while working outside. We had HUGE Earthworms everywhere! No matter where I dug I was turning up some of the biggest earthworms I have ever seen. When I first moved to this place the lot was in very sad shape I couldn't even grow weeds! But now 7 years of working to improve the soil (truly only 2 years of active work to improve the soil) I have earthworms an awesome sign that the dirt is healthy and improving every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment