Sunday, January 19, 2014

The plan is to... MAKE A PLAN!!

So this year has had an interesting start already! It has been filled with plans, than changes to those plans, fallowed by more plans. This is why I have been a little hesitant to post firm plans before things had settled down. Well things still haven't settled down but what the hell here we go anyway.

So for starts I'm using two different means to fun my farm this summer. The old stand by is the coin jar. Every night I empty my pockets into the jar. It normally no more than about $10-20 a month but if used wisely that can cover most of small scale urban farming (mostly just buys chicken/rabbit food) But I have found a fun way to save up for bigger projects. I found this cool idea on lifeasyouliveit.blogspot.com It is a chart for saving money.  Each week you put in a set dollar or coin amount (I'm using the quarter method one).
The goal for this year's collection is to be used to make a year round (winter hardy) rabbit hutch with 3 to 4 seprate living areas (1 for the buck, 1-2 for does and one for the young). My kids are also starting to raise the funds for a new play house (which will double as a green house)

I know this isn't a lot of plans yet but I'm working on it. Plus with all the snow we have around us I find it hard to plan for summer without getting just a little depressed that I haven't seen the sun in about a week. BUT I"m going to force myself to have more plans made soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment