Sunday, January 26, 2014

Evil BREW!!!!






IT"S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

So it was time once again to brew up some more hard cider. Well I was in the local home brew store and they had a new yeast in. The yeast can survive in alcohol concentrations up to 20% ! This is impressive because most yeast taps out and dies at about 10-15% (if that for some). So I had to get some of the super yeast and try it out. For a little added flavor I throw in some fruit I found in the back of the freezer.
I then set the hydrometer to 15% potential alcohol and set it out to ferment! I'm guessing it's going to take an extra week to ferment all the sugar. But because I'm not sure I'm going to risk contamination and test the brew while it's fermenting.



(yes it looks gross in these pictures but after checking on it today it looks a lot better! I will post some new pics of the brew soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment