Wednesday, December 11, 2013

OK I learned my lesson the HYDROMETER is key!!

So way back when almost 9 years ago now I started brewing wine. I put together my own little brewing station from salvaged and improvised items. Everything from a Kerosene hand-pump in place of a syphon and empty one gallon cheap wine jugs as carboys. But it worked and worked well! Slowly I picked up more and more proper equipment. One of the last pieces I kicked up was a hydrometer. But funny enough I never used it! I thought it to be a waste of time and to high of a risk for contamination. So it was set aside to collect dust for years. UNTIL

Fast forward a few years and on last Sunday I started another batch of hard cider and came across my very dusty hydrometer and decided what the hell give it a try. WOW was I surprised what I found out from the readings! Turns out I have a lot of altering to do to my recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment