Monday, January 2, 2012

Now I've done it...NO turning back!

So I presented the rough draft of the ordnance to one of the key board members of the township and...He loved it! He was very impressed that I had thought and addressed concerns that he didn't even think of and was more impressed that I had addressed all of his major concerns (no bee keeping being the big one). The only change that he wanted to see is that any goats keep be unisex (male, male or female, female). This was already an idea I had been tossing around so really not a huge deal.

But here is the huge deal he thinks I should present the ordnance at the next Planning Commission meeting. That's the 10th of Jan like in 8 days. So I have some work to get down. I smoothed out most of the rough edges of the rough draft. I'm not going to finish it completely because I know the Planning Commission will have there mandatory changes that they will want to see. But on the recommendation of the Board Member I need to get a petition to go along with this ordnance to give it that push it needs (got to love election year politics). So I have 8 days to get as many signatures as I can, I know I have 15 with just friends and family and I'm hoping that I can convince those friends and family to get their friends and family to sign as well. I'm shooting for 60 signatures for right now (This isn't a true petition just a list of people that are say they would support this and by proxy vote for the people that helped pass the ordnance). I really don't want to have to go door to door mostly because all that snow we have been missing out on decided to hit over the last 2 days and isn't going to stop now for about 3 months.

Well lots of work ahead. I will be keeping everyone up-to-date one the happenings so keep an eye on this blog for current new and status of the ordnance.

2 comments:

  1. What great work you are doing! I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the support! I present to the Township Board on the 7th of Feb. I highly dought they will just approve it on the spot. I have a feeling they will just send it to a lower committee but I'm ready for that if the do.

      Delete